Thursday, December 22, 2011

About me!

Welcome to my new blog!  The idea behind this blog is to keep me moving...literally.  I am runner.  But lately, I've become more of a sit-on-the-coucher.  I am a 33 year old wife and mother, and also a full time student.  Since heading back to school, I haven't had the time to study, take care of the fam, and find the time I need to work out.  So, in my thirties, I'm ashamed to admit that I gained the dreaded Freshman 15!

So, now is the time.  It's now or never!  I have always wanted to run a marathon, and time is slipping away.  I know that the older I get the harder it will be.  I am incredibly lucky that I have a super supportive husband who is fitness minded and is willing to support me and my marathon run.  It is going to be a very long road and I know it.  My motivation for the next 10 months of running is going to be crossing the finish line at the Chicago Marathon.  My plan is to run with the Special Olympics fundraiser team to meet my goal and support a great cause that supports great athletes!

I don't plan on using this as a fitness or calorie tracker.  I have other sites for that.  What I do plan on using this blog for is the emotional aspect of my training.  I will post my training information, my workouts and because I love to cook (ok, eat), I'm sure I will be posting plenty of recipes (both healthy and not).

In order to start my actual marathon training, I need to do some pre-training.  In the pre-training process, I will be laying out my training plan and also making an attempt to drop about 20 pounds.  I am contemplating posting a "before" picture.  It might be a good motivator!  But we'll see...not sure if I'm that brave yet!

I can't wait to share my experience...it should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment