Monday, December 26, 2011

Motivational Monday - 12/26/2011

I was hoping to have a project completed by today to share.  I am seriously lacking in motivation these days.  I don't know why, I think motivation is just one of those things that ebbs and flows with life.  Sometimes you have lots of it and sometimes you need lots of it.  These days I need lots of it.

So I decided that in order to provide myself with the marathon training motivation that I need, I will be creating a motivation jar.  Sounds silly, I know.  Like a preschool project, but sometimes the simplest things are the most effective. 

I have spent the last week collecting motivation sayings.  Some are simple and some are complex.  Some relate to specific running goals and some are very broad.  Some will be specific to me and some will apply to anyone.  The goal is to come up with enough to supply me with a fresh motivational saying for every day from now until the marathon in October.  And let me tell ya, that is alot of sayings.  But I am over halfway there!

I plan on making a cute little jar to keep them in, then the idea is to pluck one out every morning and get some fresh squeezed motivation to keep me going.  I plan on keeping all 7 each week, then sharing them with the blog world each Motivational Monday.  Who knows if it will work...I just know that I need motivation from somewhere and I thought maybe this would work!

So stay tuned.  Next Monday, I plan to share a photo of my motivation jar and my first 7 motivations with everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! This week has been hard. I took it off from running and thought it would be easier that way. with all the holiday stuff going on. It kind of back fired. I have no energy and have been depressed. It has been a REAL long week.

    I am super excited to start back any day now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing...only for the last 3 months. I just kept thinking I was too tired to run, but I always have more energy when I do. I actually had a great run today, and I was even kinda surprised by my time!

    ReplyDelete