Monday, January 2, 2012

Motivational Monday - 1/2


Front of my decopage motivation jar!

I spent some time with my motivation jar this week and it seems to actually work!  When I really don't feel like getting up and out the door to the gym, I grab a motivation and it's a kick in the butt.  They're simple sayings, just reminders of all I want to achieve this year. 

It's like having a little fortune cookie every day, without having to eat the cookie!  Some are very serious and some are hilarious.  Some are my own thoughts and others are borrowed with credit given to the original author and some are stolen since the original author was unknown. 

 I have a feeling I am going to enjoy pulling motivations from my jar for the next almost 300 days as I gear up for the marathon.

I didn't have a full week of motivations this week, since I didn't finish the jar until mid-week.  But here are the ones that I pulled this past week:
  • You don't have to eat less, you just have to eat right. 
  • The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on so long.
  • 3 Steps to getting fit; step 1 - kick ass, step 2 - take names, step 3 - repeat steps 1 & 2.
  • It does not matter how slow your progress is, as long as you are moving towards your goal.

And today's motivation is:
  • The first step to meeting any goal is deciding you don't want to be where you are now.
When I put that motivation in the jar, it seemed a bit harsh to me.  But the more I thought about it, I realized how true it is.  If you set goals, it means you want more out of life than you have right now.  So you need to make a change, and the first step in that is admitting you want something more. 


Backside of my jar.

So, the plan for Motivational Monday is to get organized for the 2012.  I have been researching some different training programs and am having a hard time narrowing it down.  But I need to get on an actual schedule instead of just running all willy-nilly.  So that is the plan for today, get organized and hit the gym...even though I know the gym will be busy with all the "resolutioners".  But they will only last a few weeks, then the gym will be quiet again!

Have a great day!  I'm off for my first run of 2012!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT great job! I am so unmotivated but most of it is due to my knee...

    ReplyDelete