Monday, January 9, 2012

Motivational Monday 1/9/12

I did some heavy lifting at the gym with "the big boys" (ie. my hubby and his workout pals) yesterday, so needless to say, just lifting my arms to type this post is a bit, well...difficult.   I have been so busy trying to find my own motivation just to get housework and general daily tasks done today, that I almost forgot the Motivational Monday post!  But I remembered in the knick of time, so here are all my motivations from the previous week!

Tuesday 1/3/2012
So of course, I had to grab this one on a day that started out at a balmy 13 degrees!  At least there is no snow yet.  But I think I'll do my running at the gym today!
1 mile warm up run (8:58)
30 minutes stationary bike
60 minutes weight training

Wednesday 1/4/2012
While the optimist in me thinks that I can do anything...there is always that nagging voice inside me that says "what if you can't?"  So this is a very good reminder of how it will feel when I cross that finish line in October.  Everyone has naysayers...fortunately for me, I am surrounding by people who are incredibly supportive of my crazy endeavors, so my only naysayer is usually myself.  So I just have to remember to stomp that voice down and go out and do it!
 Beautiful 5 mile run outdoors!

Thursday 1/5/12
Definately true of all of us.  We all have something amazing in us...others can see it.  But sometimes we have to look really hard to see in ourselves what everyone else so easily sees!
Took the day off!
Friday 1/6/12
Part of the reason I love running is because it is just me against myself.  There is no competition, it is just me out there seeing if I can accomplish what I think I can.  These are words that always come to me at the end of a tough run.  If I don't do it for myself, it won't get done.  Sometimes these words or variations of them are what get me out the door in the first place!
Another beautiful 5 mile run outside today!

Had a busy weekend, so I kinda forgot to pull motivations for the weekend....
but I did get some great workouts in!  Weights and biking over the weekend.

And the Motivational Monday quote is:
Another great reminder that even though sometimes it doesn't feel like I am making progress, I actually am.  Even if it isn't yesterday vs. today, week to week and month to month I am getting stronger and faster!
3 mile run today, and I swear all 3 miles were against the wind!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and stay motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment