Friday, February 3, 2012

Foodie Friday 2/2/12

Lately, it's been grab and go in our house at meal time.  I've been doing my best to try out one new healthy meal each week, but it's been tough!

The hubby has decided to really "buckle" down and get fit again.  And I need to lose a few lbs before I begin my official marathon training in May/June, mainly to save myself from injury.  So we are trying our best to get back to a "whole foods-paleo" type diet.  Although, I'm trying to move us over gradually, so we don't miss some of our favorite junk foods!  Can't go off junk food (think pizza, pasta, all the good stuff) cold turkey...but we'll get there!

So, I had planned on Sunday being a "freebie day" in which we would eat some junk and enjoy ourselves during the Superbowl.  But I was told in no uncertain terms, that the hubby would NOT be eating any crap and he needed some healthy options!

Which is leading me to try something new.  While I was working my clinical shift at the hospital yesterday, I was chatting with some of the x-ray techs who have or are doing Weight Watchers.  They were telling me about how they combine greek yogurt with dry ranch dip mix and snack on it with veggies!  I thought "HOW PERFECT!"  Ranch with a little extra boost of protein!

So that is what we will be trying out in the next week!  Once I actually get it mixed, and figure out ratio of yogurt to dressing mix, I'll post an actual "recipe" and a review and let everyone know how it was!

I hope everyone has a great Superbowl weekend!  I am heading out for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment